California is located in the Western part of the USA. It is a populous city and also a popular tourist venue. The weather is nice. California is endowed with fantastic tourist attractions, including parks and fascinating museums.
In addition, it has great hiking trails whether you are a beginner hiker or a more experienced one. Discover the top 10 things to do and visit in California with the online travel agency eDreams.
Top 10 things to do and the best places to visit
- Explore a Cave and visit museums: You can visit the Boyden Cave, near King Canyon Scenic Byway in northern California. You can also have an enjoyable day at the USS Midway Museum, or The Getty Center.
- See the sights: You can enjoy the breathtaking view of the city from Golden Gate Bridge; or enjoy the sights and the cool summer breeze at Santa Monica Pier.
- Discover the aquatic life: Explore the marine diversity at Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Have fun with your family and children: Explore the fascinating activities at Disneyland Park. It is open for massive tourism due to its awe-inspiring activities. You can continue your trail to Disney California Adventure Park and enjoy many days full of adventure at the various Theme Parks.
- Relax and sunbathe at the beaches: The most amazing beaches in California are located in La Jolla Cove.
- Discover the landmarks: Take a fascinating road ride along Lombard Street. Various tours are available to enjoy the most thrilling road ride along the “crookedest” street in California. It is a major point of interest in California. Half Dome is another fascinating landmark.
- Discover historical sites: Walk along Pacific Grove Oceanview Boulevard and learn about its history. You should not also miss to visit Alcatraz Island and learn about its history. Alcatraz island is also endowed with national parks, and historical sites.
- Discover and read unique books: By visiting Chaucer's Bookstore, you will have access to any of the thousands of books displayed on the shelves.
- Go hiking: California features interesting sites for hiking, including Kettle Peak, with a high of 3058m, Twin Peaks with a high of 3135m, Mitchell Peak which is 3159m, for more experienced hikers. For moderately high hiking trails, you can hike to Ball Dome with the highest peak of 2866m, or Mount Maddox in northern California with the highest peak of 2931m. Beginner hikers can choose lava Butte in eastern California which has the highest peak of 1856m, and Buck Rock with a high of 2542m.
- Visit parks and reserves: The most popular place to visit is Jennie Lakes Wilderness. It is located in Monarch Wilderness is another reserve in the northern part of California, where you can explore animal and plant diversity in their natural environment. Various entertaining activities are also available at the reserve. If you head to western California, you should not miss Boundary National Park and Giant Sequoia National Monument.
Make your decision and visit California
Whether you go to California for business or tourism, you will have a lot to do. To visit California, book a flight and an accommodation online through eDreams travel agency. It offers interesting vacation packages and tours to several destinations worldwide.
You can book your flight and accommodation through the same website and get interesting offers and discounts if you book earlier. An alternative option to book by phone is also available through eDreams.